PATIENT CARE GUIDELINES FOR SHOES
- Gradually increase your time of use with your new shoes. In the beginning wear them for a short period of time (1 to 1.5 hours) and take them off. Remove your socks and check for redness that you may not feel. Be sure to check the bottom of your feet as well. Put back on your shoes and wear them for a longer time and inspect the skin again.
- Always be sure that the inside of the shoes are clean, dry and free from foreign objects.
- WEAR SOCKS!
- The laces should be pulled snug to ensure that the foot and shoe are moving in unison.
- The outside of the shoe should be maintained like any other shoe. Polish, saddle soap, mild soap and water work fine.
- After you have had the shoes for several months, check to see if they are wearing evenly. Sometime uneven wear means that there could be a problem. If this exists, call your orthotist.
It is VERY important to keep any follow-up appointments made by your orthotist. We are here to help you and make your experience with Synergy as pleasant as possible.
For questions or to schedule an appointment, call Synergy at 510-770-9010. We look forward to working with you!