Synergy Prosthetics is a well established, reputable multi-office ABC certified practice servicing Northern California for over 40 years.
Mobility is one call away!
Get a free consultation.
Synergy is currently seeking ABC Certified P&O Lab Techs to work in our San Diego Lab. Strong fabrication skills required, custom lamination skills are also a plus. Synergy uses cadcam technology and has a carver onsite, any experience with this type of equipment would be helpful as well. Strong organizational skills are needed we do a large amount of volume and service multiple markets. Synergy is a friendly team oriented work environment looking to add new key members to our team. We offer a friendly yet competitive workplace and plenty of room for growth for those who are looking to advance their careers. The position includes an annual salary and health benefits. Salary depends on experience and skill sets. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The Prosthetic Technician supports the Prosthetist in providing care to patients with partial or total absence of a limb by fabricating prostheses and their components. Under the guidance and with the consultation of the Prosthetist and/or the Prosthetic Assistant, the technician creates positive molds resulting in maximum fit, function, cosmetics and workmanship. The technician also repairs and maintains the prosthetic devices.
Orthotic and Prosthetic Technicians are expected to perform all duties below.
- Perform fabrication and repair of orthotic and/or prosthetic devices, according to company quality and quantity standards
- Perform ordering and receiving and other inventory tasks as assigned
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with blood borne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and hand skills needed to fabricate and repair prostheses (artificial limbs) and orthoses (orthopedic braces) according to patient measurements, casts and in compliance with a physician’s prescription
- Mechanical ability and hand-eye coordination to use laboratory tools safely and effectively
- Effective organizational, time management and planning skills
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills for communicating with others
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
Synergy is committed to providing equal employment to all qualified individuals. All conditions of employment are administered without discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.