About the PedWell Program
Traditionally, the Diabetic Shoe industry has been consumer-focused and delivered through a retail model. Synergy’s unique, PedWell Program focuses on foot health in diabetic populations associated with Synergy partnership organizations. Although the Synergy model does serve individual consumers, our approach is based on a business-to-business model working directly with health plans, health systems, employers, pharmacies, and senior health organizations. Through our network of Qualified Fitters, the PedWell Program promotes foot health by preventing the development of diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) through the provision of high-quality therapeutic shoes and orthotic inserts. For customer convenience, our services are delivered in various locations which include provider clinics, senior facilities, offices, and private homes. A key component of the PedWell Program is our network of Qualified Fitters. Our Fitters serve as the face of PedWell as they operate as our on-site service team providing the fitting and product delivery services.
Network Participation Qualifications
Numerous health professionals/clinicians, as well as specifically-trained para- professionals, have the opportunity to join the PedWell network as a Qualified Fitter.
The following professions are eligible to participate:
- Certified Fitters
- Individuals trained through programs associated with, or approved by, industry-specific, accreditation/certification entities. *(Individuals interested in learning more about these Programs may contact the Synergy Network Recruiter at (866)340.6647
In addition to meeting the clinical/service requirements, network participants must meet and follow all Synergy policies and procedures as well as Synergy partner/client business requirements and guidelines.
The Role of the PedWell Network Provider
Once a network applicant is designated as a Qualified Fitter and considered a network participant, the Qualified Fitter is registered in the Synergy operating platform which indicates the individual is eligible to provide services on behalf of PedWell. At this point, the Qualified Fitter will begin receiving assignments from Synergy. During the initial on-site visit with a Synergy customer, the Qualified Fitter will perform an assessment of the customer’s feet and check for signs of inflammation, discoloration, swelling, and reduced sensation, and the Qualified Fitter will gather specific measurements and moldings/scans needed for fitting the customer with therapeutic shoes and orthotic inserts. Once the insert fabrication is complete. Synergy will notify the Qualified Fitter that the delivery appointment may be scheduled. During the second visit, the Qualified Fitter ensures that the shoe and insert fit the customer properly without any areas of friction that could create a breakdown in skin integrity. Following the acceptance of the product by the customer, Synergy submits the claim to the payor for payment of the service. When the customer is eligible for a reorder, Synergy will initiate the reorder process and contact the Qualified Fitter to notify the customer and schedule a fitting appointment.
Benefits of Participating in the PedWell Provider Network
The following Synergy PedWell Program features create value for PedWell participating providers.
Continuous customer pipeline
As a Qualified Fitter admitted into the PedWell Provider Network, you will receive direct service assignments based on geographic service location and availability.
Synergy will notify you when your Synergy assigned customer is eligible to receive additional products and services.
Streamlined, automated workflow
Synergy’s operating platform and efficient procedures create administrative ease for PedWell Network Providers by managing the entire order process from order intake through billing and reorder services. Below are specific activities managed by the Synergy operational team: Prior to distributing service assignments, Synergy ensures the following intake activities are performed:
- Insurance is verified
- A valid physician order has been received
- Geographic availability search/match complete
- Qualified Fitter/Service Location assigned to customer
Following the initial appointment and order placement for therapeutic shoes and orthotic inserts, Synergy performs the following services.
- Fabricates orthotic insert
- Provides/ships shoes and inserts to Qualified Fitter/designated site
- Notifies assigned Fitter of order completion and requests product delivery to customer
Following product delivery and product acceptance from the customer, Synergy submits the claim(s) for services rendered by the PedWell Network Provider.
- Rapid payment for services rendered to Synergy customers
- Synergy’s payor-centric business model and their commitment to billing accuracy and compliance, promotes rapid claim payment turnaround.
- Synergy’s experienced operations and billing team ensures appropriate paperwork is obtained and that all claims meet regulatory and client- specific requirements for payment.
Access to Synergy DME/POS Order Management Services for your independent customers
- In addition to managing the customer orders provided to PedWell Provider Network participants through Synergy client relationships and direct consumers, Synergy is available to manage orders for therapeutic shoes and orthotic inserts for our Network Participant’s individual businesses.
Opportunity to expand your relationship with Synergy through inclusion as a provider for the overall Synergy Preventive Care Solutions Program (PCSP)
- Under Synergy’s broader Preventive Care Solutions Program, PedWell Provider Network participants may opt to participate in our DVT/PE prevention program by serving as a Network Provider delivering and educating customers on the use of anti-thrombotic equipment used in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolisms (PEs), and other potential blood clots following injuries to extremities, post-surgery and in individuals with limited mobility.
Working with Synergy as a PedWell Network Participant
Providers interested in working with Synergy as a Qualified Fitter have two options for participation:
- Independent contractor
- Commissioned employee
A Provider may choose the participation model of their choice and, in either scenario, a Qualified Fitter may continue to operate their independent business. Under both models, Network Participants will be required to follow all Synergy/PedWell and Synergy Client requirements, such as general and professional liability insurance coverage as well as HIPPA and other relevant training provided/required by Synergy. To obtain more detail regarding PedWell Provider Network participation, please contact us at (866)340.6647.